Killer Ed Gein is said to be the real-life inspiration for the character Leatherface in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre – but what was inside his house left police sickened
Many serial killers like to keep ‘trophies’ of their victims – but one sick American murderer took his love of keepsakes to a whole new macabre level.
Ed Gein’s crimes shocked the world when he was eventually caught in the 1950s and locked up in an asylum for life.
He was dubbed the real-life ‘Leatherface’ after his love of wearing the faces of his victims as a mask inspired the character in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies.
But the true horror of what Gein had done only came to light when police went inside his house for the first time – which was so shocking it left even experienced coppers disgusted.
As well as murdering people, Gein had also dug up women from the local cemetery and turned their body parts into decorations, furniture and crockery for his home.
Police found women’s Instruments and noses stashed around the house, faces turned into lampshades and a belt made fashioned from women’s nipples.
There were also human skulls used as decorative bedposts and lips as a curtain drawstring.
It was also thought that Gein had sex with the corpses of women he’d dug up from graves but he denied this – saying he wasn’t into necrophilia because “it was too smelly”.
Gein’s crimes were so shocking they helped to inspire several movies, including Psycho, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Silence of the Lambs.
When Gein was arrested in 1957 for the murder of store owner Bernice Worden in Wisconsin, USA, police went to his house to search it and were unprepared for the horrors that lay behind the doors.
Inside among the items they found were:
– A wastebasket made of human skin
– Chair seats covered in human skin
– Skulls as decorations on bedposts
– Several female skulls, some with the tops sawn off
– Bowls made from human skulls
– A corset made from a female torso skinned from shoulders to waist
– A pair of lips on a window shade drawstring
– Four noses
– A belt made from female nipples
– Two vulvas from teenage girls
– Nine women’s vulvae in a shoe box
– Bernice Worden’s heart in a plastic bag
– Bernice Worden’s entire head in a sack
– Masks made from female faces
– Leggings made from human leg skin
Gein’s evil is thought to have stemmed from his upbringing on a Read More
Source:: Nigerian Chatter(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)