By Buzi Brown
The Manchester Derby is the most watched in the English Premier League since Manchester City began their dominance in the League.
The game which was played at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday, October 2nd, 2022 was the 187th game between both sides. Manchester City has dominated the tie in recent seasons and this game was not going to be an exception.
(1) Manchester City’s duo of Erling Haaland and Phil Foden hat trick in the game saw them become the third side to have two hat trick scorers in a Premier League game. Arsenal vs Southampton in May 2003 (Jermaine Pennant, Robert Pires) & Leicester v Southampton in October 2019 (Ayoze Pérez, Jamie Vardy) were the other two games.
(2) Erling Haaland is the first Manchester City player to score a hat-trick versus Manchester United since Francis Lee in December 1970, and third overall (also Horace Barnes in Oct 1921).
(3) Since the start of 2020-21, Man Utd have conceded 4+ first-half goals in four Premier League games (v Spurs in Oct 2020, Liverpool in Oct 2021, Brentford in Aug 2022, Man City today); this is twice as often as any other side in this time.
(4) Phil Foden has scored his 50th goal for Manchester City in all competitions. Aged 22 years and 127 days, he is now the youngest player to reach 50 goals under Pep Guardiola, surpassing Lionel Messi (22 years and 164 days).
(5) Erling Haaland became the second-youngest player to score in his first Manchester derby for Man City in the Premier League at the age of 22 years and 73 days, after Mario Balotelli in October 2011 who was aged 21 years and 72 days.
(6) Erling Haaland is the first player in Premier League history to score a hat-trick in three consecutive home games in the competition.
(7) Manchester City 6-2 Manchester United is now the highest-scoring ever Manchester derby in any competition, with today the two sides’ 187th competitive meeting.
(8) Erling Haaland had a hand in five of Manchester City’s six goals against Manchester United today (3 goals, 2 assists), the most goal involvements by a player in a single Premier League Manchester derby.
The post #ManchesterDerby: 8 Records Broken in the game between Manchester City and Manchester United appeared first on NotjustOk.
Source:: Not Just Ok